Today I want to introduce to you the foundation that is going to drive your success into shaping your body how YOU want it.
''The Slow-Carb Diet''
I know what your thinking. Oh no a diet.
But really, it's not THAT bad. Sure the first few days and even week may be hard to get through, but I can GUARANTEE you that after that it's smooth sailing.
This diet is REALLY simple & highly effective and that's what I love about it.
It's the only diet I have done that has visibly reduced pesky abdominal fat (often the last fat to be removed) and doesn't compromise your daily life, leaving you full and never hungry.
Now, what do you have to do to get started?
All there is to this diet is a few basic rules which I will outline below:
- Avoid any carbohydrate that is, or can be, white. The following foods should never be consumed while following the slow carb diet;allbread, rice (including brown), cereal, potatoes, pasta, tortillas, and fried food. Avoid eating all of these foods and anything else white, this is the golden rule of this diet and is a vital key to it's success. Do not allow yourself to 'just have one slice of toast for breakfast' keep it to zero- it's the only way to succeed. Don't eat white stuff unless you want to get fatter.
- Eat as much as you want of the following foods: proteins (lean meats, poultry, fish, eggs, and cottage cheese), vegetables (except white potatoes), legumes (peas, lentils, pinto beans, and nuts), and healthy fats (fish oil, saturated fat, olive oil and flax seed). Try spreading out your meals, and eating 4-5 smaller meals a day.
- They key here is have a few simple meals that you can make quickly and that you will learn to love. It sounds simple but the people who get the most out of this diet are those who eat the same good meals time and time again. Great meals using these ingredients include: Eggs (or egg whites) with black beans, beef with black beans and mixed veggies, tuna salad with olive oil & nuts, turkey burgers, steak with peas, or grilled chicken and white beans mixed in a green salad. Stock up on canned black beans, white beans and frozen vegetables, so you'll always have something healthy to munch on when your hungry.
- Don't drink calories!! Drink a lot of water and if you can't live without your daily fix of tea or coffee try unsweetened tea or coffee with a pinch of cinnamon to taste. Refrain from milk (including soy milk), soft drinks, and fruit juice.
- Do not eat fruit. This may seem crazy as the media these days drills into us that to lose weight one must have a balanced diet. This is simply not true, think about it this way: Hundreds of years ago in medieval times-there was simply not the amount of fruit-especially for the poorer people that there is these days. Fruit is NOT needed to function successfully and is not needed to help you loose weight (in fact it does the opposite- fruit being extremely high in sugars.) The only exceptions to the anti-fruit rule are tomatoes and avocadoes, and the latter should be eaten in moderation (no more than one cup or one meal per day).
- My personal favorite (and I'm sure it will soon be yours after a hard week of eating right!) is taking one day off per week from your diet and just going crazy. Saturday is my day for this and on this I am allow myself to eat whatever I want, I go out of my way to eat pastries, Snickers, FRUIT, and all of my other vices in excess. I intentionally make myself a little sick each Saturday in the effort to stop myself craving these blacklist foods the rest of the week. Another benefit to par-taking in the once a week gorging is that research has shown dramatically spiking caloric intake in this way once per week increases fat-loss by ensuring that your metabolic rate doesn't downshift from extended caloric restriction. Eating pure crap can help you lose fat. There are no limits or boundaries during this day-eat a horse! I recommend you start the diet at least ﬁve days before your cheat day as it's not exactly 'helpful' to start it on your cheat day- is it. If like me, you choose Saturday I would propose starting your diet on a Monday
That's all for now, if you have any questions, leave them in the comment box below
For more weight loss tips-Stay Tuned